Brokk 170 demolition robot
Brokk, a Sweden-based manufacturer of remote-controlled demolition machines, has introduced its Brokk 170. With SmartPower, the company’s signature intelligent power management system, the new machine offers 15 percent more power than its predecessor, the Brokk 160, but retains the same compact dimensions. Features of the new model include:
- a 24 kW Brokk SmartPower electrical system
- Brokk SmartDesign and SmartRemote
- the ability to operate on a 32 A and 63 A fuse
- compatibility with Brokk 160 attachments, which include concrete crushers, metal shears, clamshell buckets and more
Visit www.brokk.com for more information.
Epiroc Combi Cutter 2300 and 3100 attachments
Epiroc, Commerce City, Colorado, has added two new models to its Combi Cutter range. The CC 2300 and CC 3100 are designed for carriers in the 20 to 30 ton and 25 to 40 ton operating weight classes, respectively, and are meant to have a combination of short cycle times, easy handling and simple maintenance. Features of the attachments include:
- a design meant for low noise, low vibration operation and to fit any kind of primary demolition work
- two jaw versions for varying demo jobs
- two hydraulic cylinders with integrated speed valves designed for minimum cycle times and fuel consumption
- a 360-degree endless rotation designed for precise handling and optimal positioning
Visit www.epiroc.com for more information.
CBI Magnum Force 6800CT Horizontal Grinder
Continental Biomass Industries, a Terex company based in Newton, New Hampshire, has unveiled its new 6800CT horizontal grinder, which can process debris, pallets, clean industrial waste, stumps, logs, mulch, bark, shingles and whole trees. Features of the grinder include:
- a 15 percent larger screening area than the 6800BT
- an engine featuring a larger shaft and bearings and an optional 1200 horsepower CAT C32 to power the forged drum rotor
- an offset helix rotor design meant to minimize energy loss
- speed sensors on the feed system for a continuous and efficient pace of grinding
Visit www.terex.com/cbi for more information.
Lokotrack LT200HP mobile cone crushing plant
Metso Corp., based in Helsinki, has added new features to its Lokotrack LT200HP mobile cone crushing plant designed for secondary and tertiary crushing operations. Features of the LT200HP include:
- a direct v-belt drive from the gearbox designed to deliver fuel consumption savings of at least 15 percent
- elevated service platforms designed to provide safe, easy access to service and maintenance points
- a Metso IC wireless information and control system, which allows customers to monitor and control the crushing plant from an excavator cabin
- Metso’s Nordberg HP200 cone crusher attachment
Visit www.metso.com for more information.
BPS bulk bag fillers
Brunswick, Ohio-based Best Process Solutions Inc. (BPS) says its new bulk bag fillers are designed to fill any size bulk bag with high accuracy while offering years of trouble-free maintenance. Features of the bag fillers include:
- an inflatable fill head that offers a dust-free seal when loading
- a dust port with dust cartridge
- manually adjustable bag supports for varying bag heights, ideal for low ceilings
- a bag loading surface with a pallet retaining flange on three sides
Visit www.bpsvibes.com for more information.
Hino XL truck series
Hino Trucks, Novi, Michigan, recently announced the expansion of its product lineup with the all-new XL Series. Production of the new Hino XL7 and XL8 trucks will start in early 2019 and will be assembled in Hino’s new facility in Mineral Wells, West Virginia. Features of the trucks include:
- Hino’s A09 turbo diesel 8.9-liter inline 6-cylinder, 300-horsepower engine with a B10 life of 1 million miles
- new active safety solutions with electronic stability control, collision mitigation systems and innovative payload management suspension options
- standard LED headlights, a high seating position and a 2,385-square-inch windshield to provide maximum visibility for the driver
- offered in a host of straight truck and tractor configurations
Visit www.hino.com for more information.
Tomra X-TRACT sorting device
The Germany-based TOMRA Sorting Recycling business unit of Norway’s TOMRA Systems ASA has introduced new features to its X-TRACT automated sorting machine, which sorts mixed shredded metals, size-reduced electronic scrap, organic materials and more. Features include:
- X-ray “Dual Processing Technology” designed to enhance end-product purity levels and provide more precise material sorting
- the new TOMRA ACT feature, a user interface that enables setting several user levels and shows operators real-time data at a glance
- DUOLINE sensors, which use two independent devices with different spectral sensitivities
- several options for valves and flexible configurations
Visit www.tomra.com for more information.
Mobile Sennebogen 821 E material handler
Straubing, Germany-based Sennebogen has announced its newest mobile material handler, the 821 E model, which is also used for loading and sorting materials in the recycling chain and light scrap and bulk goods handling. Features of the new model include:
- a minimum machine width of 2.55 meters with minimum front and rear radius for compact operations
- a long-lasting and consistent cooling performance
- an eco mode, which results in up to a 20 percent reduction in fuel consumption, and a function for automatic stop
- a sorting grab and various other pieces of equipment useful for recycling work